In our closing week of our 21 days of prayer, we are going to take our focus to the great commission. Praying continent by continent, our goal is to agree in prayer with the Heavenly Fathers call to the nations, that not one shall perish.
Today we finish this continent by continent journey by focusing our prayers on North America—-The USA, and our neighbors in Canada, Mexico, and Central America. Among some of the greatest needs in the US and Canada include a predicted decrease in % of Christians as people move largely from Christianity to religiously unaffiliated. In Central America, the effect of past wars, government instability, gang violence, and drug trafficking make it increasingly difficult for children and families. Also, there are an estimated 99 unreached people groups in Latin America. Below are a complied prayer list from may=
- Healing from past civil unrest: Pray that God bind up and heal broken hearts of Central Americans who have experienced war and conflict. Pray the young generations who are coming of age in a culture of suspicion, hate and violence, would be radically awakened to peach and reconciliation. Pray the binding of fear and the release of the Spirit of Truth. Reflect of 1 John 4:18: “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment.”
- Cooperation, not competition. Request that God removes competition and imparts a sense of cooperation in every believer. Reflect on 1 Corinthians 3:8-9: “The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building.”
- Releasing new leaders. Ask God that every new believer would exercise the gifts he has given him or her to encourage other believers and to share the gospel with others who have not yet heard. Reflect on Ephesians 4:16: “From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.”
- The Word in their own language. Request that God speed the Word to every least-reached people in their own language so they can grow. Reflect on Psalm 119:105: “Your word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”
- Disciple-makers. Pray that every new believer immediately shares with those around him or her the hope in Jesus. Pray that the Lord would especially open the door to the hearts of the Milennials, as the largest growing populations of religiously unaffiliated. Reflect on Proverbs 11:30: “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who wins souls is wise.”
- Kings, leaders and all those in authority. Pray for God to place righteous leaders in power who rule justly and that God gives favor to believers trying to minister. Pray these believers may live quiet lives in all godliness and see his kingdom coming on earth.
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. – John 14: 12-14
Heavenly Father, We present to you this day our homeland and our immediate neighbors, that your mercy would pour out on our region and heal our land. Father, as believers, we repent of the apathy we have had towards bringing the good news of Christ to all people, raising up the next generations in the ways of the Lord, and ministering to the poor and widow. We ask that you forgive us and stir our hearts in greater ways for your Kingdom purposes. Father we declare a spirit of unity among your US and Canadian churches that as we lay aside our differences and focus on the finishing work or your Son Jesus Christ so that we can pick up our heads, seek your face and receive the resources and strategies necessary to awaken the whole earth to your glory. Father we lift up our governmental leaders today, give them humility and wisdom as they lead their countries. May you bless them to rule justly and give favor to the work of your people. Father we pray protection over their minds, health, and families that no evil shall prosper against them. Raise up your holy ones to take the offices needed to bring about your perfect will in North America. We pray all these things with confidence, as we pray in the name of your precious Son, Jesus.